Thursday 18 September 2014

BEWARE WHO YOU LISTEN TOO WHEN HURTING! Especially your lower self!

Reflection on transition
When I have problems that I have attracted I have learnt not to share my dramas with people who invest their dramas or judge me harshly. Otherwise I can regret and we all go down the black hole together! What follows is my last few days finishing this book. And the pertinent story of two frogs.

Good day! It’s late afternoon and it’s my 29th day here in Crete. The Cicadas raise their throbbing noise as the heat fumes down the valley like an inferno.
            My Louise Hay card today: “I am here at the right time. The work I do on myself is not a goal, it is a process. I choose to enjoy the process.”
And I add the quote from the back of You Can Heal Your Life: “If we are willing to do the mental work, almost anything can be healed.”
My daughter sent me a text this morning: “Lots of Love.” That meant a lot to me as I play Chloe Goodchild’s evocative song: “How I Love You”!
I have just picked up Herman Hesse’s book Siddhartha; it spoke to me deeply about my retreat. Let me quote:

Siddhartha reflected on his state. He found it difficult to think; he really had no desire to, but he forced himself. Now, he thought that all these transitory things have slipped away from me again; I stand once more beneath the sun, as I once stood as a small child. Nothing is mine, I know nothing, I possess nothing, I have learned nothing. How strange it is! Now, when I am no longer young, when my hair is fast growing grey, when strength begins to diminish, now I am beginning again like a child.” He had to smile again. Yes, his destiny was strange! He was going backwards, and now he again stood empty and naked and ignorant in the world. But he did not grieve about it; no, he even felt a great desire to laugh; to laugh at himself, to laugh at this strange foolish world!

I feel when reading this that there is a bird in my heart that wants to be free to sing and fly. That bird is love.
I am near… No, I am in a massive change and transition to my life with the vulnerable side of me exposed. Yet somehow I feel free. I have no idea what will happen when I return home, and yet I feel like the frog that was hard of hearing! I love to tell this little story:

Two Frogs


A group of frogs was traveling in unfamiliar territory when two of them fell into a pit. The companions of the unfortunate pair gathered round the pit and were horrified to find that it was very deep.
The two frogs in the pit were jumping and jumping, occasionally coming close to the top, but never quite making it. At first their companions were optimistically encouraging their efforts, but as the day wore on, and the numerous attempts at escape were unsuccessful, they became more pessimistic.
“It’s no use,” they shouted down. “It looks as if you’re going to die. There’s nothing we can do to help. Why don’t you save yourselves the effort and frustration and just resign yourselves to your fate?”
One of the frogs listened to the advice of the crowd up above. He stopped attempting to jump out, and very soon was dead. However, the other one kept on jumping; in fact, he seemed to be jumping harder and harder, and remarkably, he eventually jumped out!
The other frogs congratulated him on his escape, but they asked him, “Why did you not continue jumping? Didn’t you hear what we were saying?”
“Well, I saw your lips moving, but I’m deaf, so I thought you were encouraging me the whole time,” replied the frog, who had reason to be thankful for his disability.”


No comments :

Post a Comment