Sunday 14 September 2014

HOLDING ONTO ANGER an excerpt from Warrior Love

What secrets have you convinced yourself never to share?

Unexpressed anger that spills over into resentment eats away at our minds, bodies, and souls. And, moreover, it attracts other people’s resentment, and then we all go down a black hole together being right—however, sick with dis-ease, or dead! To want to be right and not let our anger be released safely is not healthy for loving relationships, whether open or closed. So many people I listen to tell me deep secrets that they feel they must carry and they must never tell family, friends, or anyone. The inside of that person’s body becomes like a private hell. This burden often makes them hypersensitive and often obsessive and extremely resentful. These “imperfections” prevent wholehearted living. The self has to hide, and there is no self-compassion.

I’ve learned that most of my clients came from religious families in which they were terrified by critical abuse spiritually, sexually, and/or emotionally to a point that they could not think in their own minds. I have spent over forty years with people, sharing, and this has been a gift of inspiration for me and, hopefully for those I have listened to. Often people come and want to just stay angry, which reminds me of my next story. The law of attraction certainly works in mysterious ways. Well, if my karma is to pay off some tough stuff I did in past lives, I truly believe I have done that by being around some angry souls.

Apple Pie and Ice Cream


A passenger on a train was giving his order to the waiter: “For desert, I’ll have apple pie and ice cream.”
“Sorry, sir, we don’t have any left. Would you choose something else?”
The passenger was fuming with anger. “What!” he shouted. “How is it possible that you don’t have such a simple thing as apple pie? What an incompetent shower! I’ll have you know that I am a friend of the managing director of this railway, and he will surely hear about this. In fact, I’ll call him immediately!”
As the man searched for his phone, the chef, who had overheard the commotion, called the waiter over. “We’ll be able to get apple pie at the next stop in a few minutes. There’s no problem.”
Sure enough, an apple pie was procured, and the waiter brought it, with a big blob of ice cream, to the irate passenger, who was still letting everyone know of his disgust. “Here you are, sir. Apple pie and ice cream with the compliments of the chef and a complimentary brandy.”
The man banged his fist on the table.
“Take it away … and the brandy! I’d much rather be angry!”

This was from Anthony de Mello; no pleasing some people.
PS a quote from Louise Hay "Deep hurt longstanding resentment can lead to cancer!" So affirm:
"I  lovingly forgive & release the past. i choose to fill my world with joy. I love & approve of myself."


No comments :

Post a Comment