Tuesday 16 September 2014

When one partner does not interfere with the other’s love for him/herself.”

“One Day Like This” is a song by Elbow. I often play it at the end of a Dance for Life session, when I see people “throw those curtains wide” from mind, body, and soul. I experience what Greg Bradon calls the “divine matrix.” I see the force of love and forgiveness go in every direction at the same time. I can feel such an intimate connection among all the dancers as we “sweat our prayers”  (Gabrielle Roth: Sweat Your Prayers) and cry out for healing our relationships, especially the one with ourselves.

Jealousy is so often about fear of being abandoned

I have married twice, and I have had many other relationships. So often I have said, “Never again!” The hurt was too much. I hated feeling so disappointed, devastated, and broken hearted.
It’s taken me ages to reach some lighter feelings around relationships. My present partner says, I am so intense. Well, as we part, I am living in this mountain retreat doing my best to enlighten myself and work out what’s going on. Now I am gradually learning that I need to clear old beliefs and the poison of a parasite that tells me I am not good at relationships! So my affirmation is: “I will not abandon myself; I am here for me.”
I would love to believe what Sandra Ray says: “I know that there is a new way to handle relationships, a way that always brings me peace and joy and enlightenment no matter what happens.”
This is my intention. I know things out there are always mirrors of what’s going on in here.
I am letting go of what others may think and what my past has molded me into. I want a self that is permanent and can live in the now and drink in life without always crumpling into devastation. I want to handle jealousy and grow old with grace.
Sondra Ray quotes Kyle Os’ definition of loving relationships When one partner does not interfere with the other’s love for him/herself.”


No comments :

Post a Comment