Monday 17 February 2014

Adventure in lovemaking as I age!

I looked into the mirror and saw an ageing man that kept himself in good shape. That has always loved making love with his partner. A man who could get turned on so quickly, when a woman flirted her eyes and swung her hips in a dance.

Yet, there was fear deep inside this man, that life was getting short, time was ticking, I had seen parents age and die. So the inevitable questions came:

What was left? What did I have to live for? Was monotony settling in? Was my partner of 27 years bored with me? Was my mind and body no longer enough for her? Was fun and free wild lovemaking gone? What did she need that I could no longer give her? Did I deplete her energy and creativity for life? 

Children now grown, school runs done, cleaning, cooking and all the family chores done.
TV or football not enough to quench a need for adventure. Work was still good, yet I was gradually bored with my own rituals. 

Reading self-help books that invited romance and erotic fantasy kept me alive to the possibility that there was still an adventure I had in me. I wanted desperately to be attractive to myself, that I didn't want to die wired up in an old peoples home regretting my life. 

So the new questions came: 

Could this man still be attractive to other women? Could a new adventure in life be there before leaving the planet?  
Could I have a new life to look forward too, after two marriages and three children? 

Could I be intimate with other women who were asking the same questions as me? Who looked into a mirror that showed wrinkles and drooping boobs and hips that had seen better days. Yet there was still a fire of passion deep inside.

So I embarked on attracting what I was thinking about. I became brave to relive my teenage years, which if I am truthful were not so exciting sexually. I was seen as attractive, but I didn't like me. I had too much anger at parents and school and a lover that rejected me. I was full of feeling sorry for myself.

So now I write from this rainbow heart and would love your response to my blogs! Tell me what your heart sees and feels?

My love & support.

No comments :

Post a Comment