Friday 28 February 2014

Press Release

PRESS RELEASE:

DO I DARE TO READ WARRIOR LOVE?

The picture of a God-like muscular man with arms outstretched, standing on a slip of sand with blue sky and sea going far into the distance, is an enticing metaphor for this book that asks us human beings a revolutionary question?

“Could humanity make a huge shift in consciousness and realize we are more naturally polyamorous than monogamous?”

Reading this searching question by the author, Roger King, made my stomach feel kicked with excitement and fear at the same time.

How dare he ask such a touchy question to my comfortable little world?

How dare he ask me to consider a secret fantasy?

Could I love more than one woman at the same time and be honest to both women?

How dare he ask me to bare my soul to be open about my secret desires and fantasies? And then, in all pertinence, allow those women to also have the same freedom as me?

Yet, there was a part of me that was curious to purchase this book, to read and turn the pages. I wanted to explore how Roger came to this anti-mainstream state of honest self-disclosure.

Warrior love unfolded a warrior man who earned his stripes through 65 years of life; going through two marriages and listening to many hurt and abused souls in his profession as a counsellor.

I found the quiet revolutionary genius that had survived tough parents and years of working with ex-prisoners and the mentally unstable.

I found a man willing to risk everything: His reputation as a therapist; his marriage; children; and the loss of respect of his friends and neighbours.

I found myself uncomfortable in his truth of “coming out” like a gay man in the 1960’s.

I could hear the gossip of people around this contentious book; the wonderful hypocritical people who cast religious stones at people like Roger – yet have plenty of secrets to hide themselves.

I wondered, could I write such a truthful book as a critical journalist, if I separated from a hurt angry wife after almost 30 years of marriage?

Could I admit to having secret affairs? And still love myself enough to write such an honest book?

Could I bare all to a world media that could appreciate me one day and crucify me the next?

Could I, a man, trust myself to be open, and become a warrior of love rather than a victim of fear? Could I dare to be me? Or will I stay safe and hidden in marriages of boredom and just cast out the Rogers of the world into a desert of crazy men?

I dare you to read WARRIOR LOVE!


No comments :

Post a Comment