Friday 21 February 2014

Which Wolf do you feed?



I have awakened to the sun coming up over the olive trees and Cat Stevens singing “Morning has Broken.” I feel fresh and beautiful and ready to write with divine inspiration.
I am reminded of the Native American story and it goes like this:

Feeding the Wolf


“Why is it that sometimes I feel that I want to do helpful things, but at other times I just want my own way?” a little Cherokee boy asked his grandfather one day.
“It’s because there is a battle between two wolves. One wolf is kind and gentle, full of peace, generosity, compassion, and trust. The other is wicked, full of anger, hatred, greed, selfishness, pride, and arrogance.”
The young boy thought for a moment, and then he asked, “Which one will win the battle inside me?”
“The one you feed,” replied his grandfather.

Insight: Sometimes in my life I have fed the so-called wicked wolf, even while knowing there is a kind wolf inside me. This creates such a fight in me, my chatterbox, or inner conversation, goes wild. When I give talks to groups or run Heal Your Life sessions, I know I act in spirit and with inspired connections to the god inside, and this brings the kind, loving wolf into being.


No comments :

Post a Comment